Saturday, January 22, 2011

This is why I Love my home town

So today is, what? January 22? Dead of winter, right? Snow piled everywhere, really, really cold...

Hah.
For Ami and me, it's the beginning of spring. It was 61 degrees all day today, absolutely gorgeous. I went walking for a few hours, wandering, listening to this song. It's a good song to wander too. (Oh, and while I'm at it, all you hoopy froods should check this out. It's the 1981 TV series of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Luuuurrrrve). We have this narrow window of time between winter and summer when it's the perfect temperature all the time. It lasts about two weeks. Then it's summer and everything gets hot and brown and dead. So I decided to make the most of it. I walked to Olive Tree lane:And sat in a tree all day. Reading The Odyssey. It's surprisingly good. Plus, If I'm hoping to pass the test, it's probably a good idea to maybe actually read the book, you think? Then, I walked up and down looking ridiculous jumping after olives. Once I get more than one thermos full (I had brought some tea, then when I finished it, I put olives in the thermos. Okay?) I'm going to cure them. Maybe with brine.

One last thing, a shout out to my friend Bri, who I met through Screnzy last April. Haaaaaiiiii!! *waves* You should all check out her vlog.
Okay, that's it for now. See ya'

No comments:

Post a Comment